Accountability Partner

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Accountability Partner

Unread postby MichelleTP » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:17 pm

I am new to this whole "sobriety" thing and am not doing well! Is there anyone that would be willing to be my "sobriety partner" through text messages?!
MichelleTP

Re: Accountability Partner

Unread postby a dreamer » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:09 pm

Would love to hear your tears if you need a shoulder to cry on....help if I can I'm just coming back. ..
a dreamer

Unread postby MichelleTP » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:54 am

It's 6:53 am and I'm on my "second" drink.
MichelleTP

Unread postby zee18901 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:38 pm

OK. 2ND DRINK? You screwed up. You screwed up twice.
Stop screwing up.
Pray.
Go to a meeting.
Or......not the best option but it will keep you not drinking.
Do something stupid and get yourself arrested.
Hopefully, once your in jail you won't find out how to make hooch.
zee18901

Unread postby Bobabouy » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:32 pm

When you are ready to admit that you of yourself are nothing, and open your heart and soul to God, even if you don't know yet what you want to call Him, and ask Him to take your whole will and life to do as He wishes with and just keep you sober because you cannot do it for yourself, then you can begin. If you're not there yet, keep drinkin until you are. Then at that point you do not tell others what you are willing to do to stay sober, such as have an online sober partner, you go to AA meetings, get a sponsor and support group, become willing to go to any length to stay sober, understand that doing what our own addicted mind tells us to do is why we don't change, take suggestions. Stay sober no matter what, get involved, and help another alcoholic whenever you can.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:32 pm.
Bobabouy

Return to New to Recovery?