Alone

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Alone

Unread postby zigstar » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:37 am

I am struggling tremendously with depression and my life. I want to stop drinking and I plan on going to a meeting for my first time tomorrow night.Although my father and brother have recovered from their addictions, I do feel a little uncomfortable attending the meetings they regularly attend on a daily basis, so I'm looking for other local meetings. I haven't had any friends for over a year or two, I can't explain why I am this way but I went through a lot of stress and life changes that changed me. I lost a parent and it still haunts me, I also lost a best friend to an overdose..I guess the most recent heart break causing me to write this post is the fact that I just lost(left) my boyfriend whom i've been with for over 5 years. I'm young but I hardly get out anymore, I've tried calling suicide hotlines, seeing psychiatrists, counselors, and other ways of seeking help/support and advice from family members when I have a breakdown, but I feel so alone and misunderstood and cut off from the world in the end.

I feel as though I can't help myself, and nobody has been able to help me either. I know going to a meeting will help me tomorrow but every night is like a void in my heart, I'm just so alone and depressed, i want to be better but never seem to actually get anywhere for over a year now. I've never felt so alone and ashamed for so long and it is killing me. I don't know what to do with my life, I need support but I can't even support myself. :/
zigstar

Re: Alone

Unread postby Ed R » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:59 pm

AA can and will help you with your drinking. You are absolutely correct when you said you cant help yourself and nobody else can help you either. Let me recite a page of the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous. It is known as the three pertinent ideas. 1. We admitted we were alcoholics and our lives had become unmanageable.
2. That probably no human power could have relieved us from alcohol.
3. God could and would if he were sought.

I see that your posting was from Sep 19th. Let me know how you are doing today.
Ed R

Re: Alone

Unread postby Mel » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:10 pm

Feeling very alone myself. Trying to figure out how to live chat.
Mel

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion