A Reflection on 100 Days of Sobriety

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

A Reflection on 100 Days of Sobriety

Unread postby Jen A » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:22 pm

In those moments of early grief and struggle, I couldn't imagine hitting that 100 day mark. Now, I can truly say that I have changed more in these few months than I had changed in the decade that preceded them. I hope that my essay resonates with all of you in some way. Thanks, in advance, for checking it out!
Warmly, Jen A
Jen A

Re: A Reflection on 100 Days of Sobriety

Unread postby kak44 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:35 pm

These are the types of post that I like to and need to read. I need to see that people are capable of helping themselves and getting help. I completely understand and share a lot of the same dark moments other people post about but I need to stay positive.
kak44

Unread postby Guest » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:21 am

how do you even begin the battle

Unread postby Ed R » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:27 pm

A guest wrote"how do you even begin the battle?" Quit simple....Quite fighting, Alcohol won, Surrender. Make meetings and keep making meetings. It will all make sense after a while. The program of recovery that we find in AA works best if we don't drink.
Ed R

Unread postby Ed R » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:51 am

We start with one day at a time. There are only four things needed to get started with the battle. First stop fighting, alcohol has won. Second is to go to meetings, Third is to go to more meetings, Fourth stop fighting, alcohol has won. I wish you well my friend. Ed R.
Ed R

Unread postby thegggman » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:58 am

One day at a time - attend a meeting. You can do it! Good luck - it works if you work it!
thegggman

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion