Time to change

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Time to change

Unread postby mxman420 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:41 pm

Hi all. Brand new here. I always knew I had a problem. Having a beer with my meal when going out is not a problem. Also when I don't funds, it's not a problem. Mine starts when I have the time and money. One drink leads to 3, and so on. Last time was the other day. I had a few, then next thing I know its the next day and i'm home. Don't remember leaving, walking home, arguing with my spouse. Nothing. I hate this feeling. And I know I'll do or say something stupid. And I'll feel like crap the next day. I just don't know why sometimes I go off and binge when other times I can just sit and relax with 1 beer. All I know is that it is effecting me and my loved ones and I'm tired of it.
mxman420

Re: Time to change

Unread postby kenny » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:02 pm

I can relate to your situation I can have one beer or two but if there is liquor involved I'm in trouble I really need help as well I'm old and tried of this just once I would to have fun with my family and wife without sneaking a drink
kenny

Re: Time to change

Unread postby jjcab » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:54 pm

All I can say is you gamble everytime. For me, I feel like the body is tainted for at least 72 hours if I take a drug or drink. Yesterday, I admitted to using pills and my wife was understanding. then, my mind tricked me, and said, "It's cool, now you can have a drink without reprecussion!" I got wasted and walked two miles home and really upset my wife, who felt I took advantage of her understanding. Isn't addiction a beautiful thing? Ha!
jjcab

Return to New to Recovery?