I came for my drinking & stayed for my thinking.

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

I came for my drinking & stayed for my thinking.

Unread postby Corinne » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:03 pm

My craving or urge has been lifted and I'll be celebrating 10 years in sobriety on 2/3, by the grace of God. I don't struggle with the same things that I struggled with early on. Today I struggle with emotional sobriety. Some days I have it and some days I don't. It's frustrating and sometimes makes me feel broken. Grateful for the program, learning a new way to live and the support found in AA.
Corinne

Re: I came for my drinking & stayed for my thinking.

Unread postby 1coachtravi » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:01 pm

God Bless you!
1coachtravi

Unread postby emack » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:48 pm

God bless Corinne,your 10 years a better person.we all have our own battles within sobriety, just keep praying and doing what your doing.something has brought you 10 years,find that and use that it will help.
emack

Unread postby RAM » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:32 pm

Be sure to stay with others like us - we are a family. And from us and others like us we remain strong for the day. And don't forget to help others like us as well as those in need outside our family - volunteer at hospitals and homeless shelters for example.

God Bless you - thank you for sharing
RAM

Return to New to Recovery?