Terrified by what the future may hold if I continue this

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Terrified by what the future may hold if I continue this

Unread postby Septic-Synapse14 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:52 am

I have been an addict for 14 years, I am 28. Anything that alters my state of mind has been either a best friend or a passing fad. I am now and have been in Suboxone maintenance for 5 years and still I use. It's ruining my life, my fiancées parents(whom we are living with do not trust me at all and even have taken control of my bank account and all other aspects of my life). I'm hopelessly depressed and turning to drugs had been to only thing keeping me from committing suicide. I want it to be over, I am crying so hard writing this and have everything to live for but as Slim Shady once said "These drugs really got a hold on me". I don't know what to do, nor am I even ready to just quit, please help me.
Septic-Synapse14

Re: Terrified by what the future may hold if I continue this

Unread postby belladonna » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:03 am

hey hunni I'm thrownback into memories when I read ur post I just got out of a year long treatment center and have over 14 months clean if u wana talk I'm here I can relate just hang in there maybe try rehab it saved me
belladonna

Re: Terrified by what the future may hold if I continue this

Unread postby 1coachtravi » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:01 pm

Have you ever tried long term rehab?

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:01 pm.
1coachtravi

Return to New to Recovery?