Day 7

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Day 7

Unread postby HDSTC94 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:29 am

This is my 2nd go around w/ this "Drinking Problem".The first time I quit my daughter was young and found myself unemployed because of the bad decisions I made while drinking.I smoked marijuana instead of drinking.This worked well for me up till about a year ago when my job decided to go w/ random drug testing so I decided to stop.One weekend in June of last year I went on a 3 day fishing trip.It was at this point I slipped up and had a few beers w/ friends and family.To make a long story short my drinking has gotten worse as time went on.In the last two months I have been flagged/cut off at the local bar here in town where I live.(I live in a small town) because I got so intoxicated to the point I couldn't walk.I blacked out both times.I had gotten so drunk to the point where I remember someone waking me up because somehow I fell and passed out lyeing in the middle of the street.Somehow I found my way home that night and the thankful that guy,whoever he was probably saved my life.I was also glad he didn't call the cops because that would have just compounded my problems.
I have a wife,daughter and a decent job.I hope I can find the strength to stay sober and keep all the things I have.
HDSTC94

Re: Day 7

Unread postby HDSTC94 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:25 am

I am hopeful.I did go 14 years without a drink and believe I can get clean and sober only this time I can't smoke.being 44 years of age this will be the first time I've been truly clean and sober since I was 15 years old.

So far so good..

Thanks for reading.
HDSTC94

Unread postby SHOCHED » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:53 pm

Hello I have 14 months of continuing sobriety. Go to aa meetings even if you don't like them I know I didn't in the beginning. Southampton is a great meeting anytime find people who are similar to u but with time in aa give it a try it's worth it!
SHOCHED

Unread postby HDSTC94 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:25 pm

Okay.I'll make the effort.

Thank you.
HDSTC94

Unread postby RAM » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:05 pm

What Shoched said is true - go to meetings. They will embrace you, support you and you will experience the love and caring you deserve. Find a sponsor there.

I have not had a drink in 25 years. Did NOT like the meetings for a long while-just didn't get it. But kept going because of the love and concern I experienced.

Just go no matter what
RAM

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion