I need help getting treatment. I'm loosing my family

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

I need help getting treatment. I'm loosing my family

Unread postby 101358wM » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:19 am

I'm afraid to go to an aa meeting. I'm a very private person but I know I'm an alcoholic. My husband isn't very good at comunication and doesn't confront my problem. We married too young and never had a good relationship
101358wM

Re: I need help getting treatment. I'm loosing my family

Unread postby RAM » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:10 pm

I was afraid 25 years ago as well. I too am very private and somewhat shy. But I went and was immediately embraced. I didn't get it at first but then through the love and caring I experienced from members, I began to get it. Now I understand.

You are not forced to participate. But you will find that one day, something some one says or some feeling you get will cause you to want to get up and share your story - I promise.

That is what happened to me at my 6th meeting. I could not, NOT share - and it felt good. Everything flowed from there.
RAM

Unread postby Josephm867 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:38 am

RAM wrote:
> I was afraid 25 years ago as well. I too am very private and somewhat shy. But
> I went and was immediately embraced. I didn't get it at first but then through
> the love and caring I experienced from members, I began to get it. Now I understand.
>
> You are not forced to participate. But you will find that one day, something some
> one says or some feeling you get will cause you to want to get up and share your
> story - I promise.
>
> That is what happened to me at my 6th meeting. I could not, NOT share - and it felt
> good. Everything flowed from there.
That was me do u go to meetings here is my number ########## call me sometime might be able to help
Josephm867

Unread postby RAM » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:45 pm

Josephm - I am new to the area....have only been to a very local meeting in Chester Springs. Where do you go. Naturally your phone number is blocked - I think you can private message me some how here
RAM

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion