new lost

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

new lost

Unread postby kerry » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:46 am

Hello, im new here and i have no idea what im doing . Im a 65 year old guy who has been a drinker since i was 16. Recent i have just a few beers and i cant remember what ive said or done, can't even remember what roads i took to get home. The worst of it i was in a relationship that i blow, someone i truly loved and lost this weekend. I feel that ending it would be best for all. I dont know where to turn. Ive been shaking for the 3 days i cant sleep or eat. Im sorry
kerry

Re: new lost

Unread postby hollyann » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:31 pm

No need to be sorry...your NOT alone...try finding an AA meeting? they honestly do understand and have been where you are...keep the faith, there is ALWAYS HOPE!
hollyann

Unread postby lslm4 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:37 pm

Hi. I am new to this too. you are not alone. try going to an aa group. sit and listen to others and share if you want. then pray to you higher power for help. i too suffer from alchohalism and its not easy. post if you want. i will pray for you.
lslm4

Unread postby A friend of Bill W's » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:51 am

kerry wrote:
> Hello, im new here and i have no idea what im doing . Im a 65 year old guy
> who has been a drinker since i was 16. Recent i have just a few beers and
> i cant remember what ive said or done, can't even remember what roads i
> took to get home. The worst of it i was in a relationship that i blow,
> someone i truly loved and lost this weekend. I feel that ending it would
> be best for all. I dont know where to turn. Ive been shaking for the 3
> days i cant sleep or eat. Im sorry
A friend of Bill W's

Unread postby A friend of Bill W's » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:26 pm

Hi new lost, I'm sorry you're going through hard times right now. If you're new the best thing to do is to look up AA in your area and make a call to someone and have someone take you to your first meeting. You don't have to know, or do anything just have a desire to stop drinking. Bring the body and the mind will catch up later. If you're here online looking for help you've already accepted the fact that you have a problem. From what you wrote, it sounds like you're going through withdrawals...sick, shaking. can't sleep etc..You may want to look into calling a rehab and going in to get help in detoxing. Sometimes we can't do it alone. Your body is used to having alcohol in it everyday for almost 50 long years. Only a suggestion and truly a strong one. Detox first and then meetings, meetings, meetings....if all you can manage is to sit and listen then just do that for now. If you don't hear what you need to hear, or can't relate to whats being said...just go to another meeting, or talk to someone about what you're going through. Progress not perfection. Alcohol like anything else is a drug of sorts and we alcoholics develop an allergy to it. If you're not remembering what you're doing, or saying after just a few...those are called black outs...I'm hoping that this reply helps you in some way and I pray you get the help you need very soon. AA has an 800 number in all phone books, or online and you can get the number for the inter group office in your area. Then someone can come to you...to get you started..I can remember being in Fla. when my dad was dying and I'm from Ohio...never been to Fla. in my life. I needed a meeting so bad to get through and was alone. I picked up a phone book, made a call and someone lived right around the corner from where I was staying. She came and got me and took me to a meeting. We are not out casts...we are just people who are suffering from a disease called alcoholism {it's the only disease in the world that tells us we don't have a disease} and it's the only disease in the world that can be arrested just by talking to another alcoholic and working 12 little steps...it's a very simple program, if we keep it simple. I can guarantee you that if you go to meetings, and start to help others and ask God to help you {if you're into that} or whatever Higher Power you believe in..GOD can stand for good orderly direction..your life will start to improve..it sometimes happens in spite of ourselves..Good luck

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:26 pm.
A friend of Bill W's

Return to New to Recovery?