Ive hit my lowest of low

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Ive hit my lowest of low

Unread postby TAFFY84 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:05 pm

Last weekend after almost 12 days. Fearful my husband will leave. Feelful of death. I need to stop. I want to live. Support is much appreciated. I bought an AA blue book that im going to start reading. Hopefully to meetings soon.
TAFFY84

Re: Ive hit my lowest of low

Unread postby FeeFee » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:34 pm

I hope you have gotten to some meetings. You will see that there are so many of us who lived and drank alcoholic ally. It's a disease called alcoholism, and it will likely kill us. Reading the Big Book is a good idea, but it mostly helped me when I read it with another recovering alcoholic. Meetings are confusing at first, and I felt out of whack, but I keep coming back and have 20 years of sobriety. I wish you well.
FeeFee

Unread postby rodneyc » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:14 pm

hi my name is rodney c keep coming back it works if you work it is what i hear in meetings a lot making meetings talking letting other alcoholics know whats going on with me for that day then listening to what others share and using things i hear in my life is whats saving my buteach and every day.they would always tell me to take the cotton out my ears and put it in my mouth and listen to the group this is a illness that we can not do by ourselves i tried many many time but my way never worked so please hang in there make meetings get active in the meetings .those things i just mentioned is what s been helping me stay clean for 14 years thanks to all the people in a a and to my higher power whom i chose to call GODand you do owe it to yourself ! so come on and join the tribe .love ya much.
rodneyc

Unread postby rena » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:30 am

Glad you are here
rena

Unread postby emack » Wed May 04, 2016 6:41 am

welcome Rodney,this is a good place with great peeps that are will to help.listen,stay positive and with some hard work you can be free of those troubles that you carry with you.
emack

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion