New To This Site

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

New To This Site

Unread postby Raaj » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:04 pm

Hi i am new just registered on here have been sober now for 5 days , The first 3 days was basically did not get out of bed had shakes sweats the lot , It was horrible , feel slightly better but still kind of bamboozled in the head .... So am wondering from people who are experienced and clean what now ??? I mean what do i do now .... feel weird and lost any suggestions
Raaj

Re: New To This Site

Unread postby RAM » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:12 pm

Welcome Raaj. If you haven't already, you should get to a meeting. The support, love and caring will support you. Keep going and no matter what don't take a drink. Go to another meeting then another - ay time the craving hits you.

Develop a physical network of AA members to assist - trust me it works - done it for 25 years sober.
RAM

Unread postby Aanthe » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:53 am

I haven't learn yet how it works but I am seeing happen in my sons life.
Aanthe

Unread postby Aanthe » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:56 am

Does any one know of a big book study on line.
Aanthe

Unread postby RAM » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:59 am

Here is one - not sure if the link will work

http://www.barefootsworld.net/aaemailbbstudy.html
RAM

Unread postby Guest » Thu May 05, 2016 6:24 am

Meetings help I have going on 11 days and I found meeting to help talk to people who are going through the same as you!! One day at a time!

Unread postby wa1tej/3 » Tue May 24, 2016 4:17 pm

I'm on day 13 of self detox & am doing very well, especially after day 10. I've been advised by my med doctor to talk to someone, so I'm looking for an AA meeting in Doylestown that is NON-SMOKING, if one exists. The meetings at the hospital seem promising in this regard because I doubt they allow smoking in their facility. If anyone has info about this, please let me know.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue May 24, 2016 4:17 pm.
wa1tej/3

Return to New to Recovery?