mathadone clinics, and benzos

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

mathadone clinics, and benzos

Unread postby cbiggz » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:56 pm

I am trying to find a methadone clinic in my area (philadlephia) that will take me with benzos in my system. I know the risks of taking benzos and methadone and any other opiate for that matter but I have a large benzo addiction along with a large heroin addiction and just stoping the benzos cold turkey is not healthy, I have had seizures before trying to detox from benzos. I am not prescribed them and I have been doing heroin and benzos for 10+ years and I am just getting to old for this shit. I tried NET (northeast treatment center) and they wont accept me with benzos and If I come up with a dirty urine while in the program I would be terminated. most places that I have researched say the same thing but I know that there are some that don't really care as long as they get their money. I was wondering if anyone knows of any Philadelphia clinics that would accept me with these circumstances. i plan to taper off of both the methadone and the benzos rather quickly. someone with any helpful experiences with different clinics would be greatly appreciated. i have heard that "SOAR" may be one of them, but any other suggestions i would be open to. thank you mucho.
cbiggz

Re: mathadone clinics, and benzos

Unread postby terrytes » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:44 am

My advice would be to checkout Psychology Today (https://treatment.psychologytoday.com/rms/state/PA/Philadelphia.html) or Recovery.org (http://www.recovery.org/browse/philadelphia-pa/)for rehab programs in Philly, find contact numbers, and ring them up until you find a good one. I would have recommended Canada Drug Rehab where I had my addiction therapy and alcohol counselling, in Vancouver - http://www.canadadrugrehab.ca/Canada-Residential-Alcohol-Drug-Rehab-Programs.html . I found them to be very accommodating for addicts with multiple addictions.

Btw, have you tried medical detox for your benzo addiction?
terrytes

Unread postby terrytes » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:45 am

haven't heard much about 'SOAR'
Last edited by terrytes on Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
terrytes

Unread postby jezebella007 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:49 pm

Miners Medical in Ashley, Luzerne County (right outside of Wilkes Barre) takes patients who are on benzos and as long as the prescribing dr (assuming there is a valid script for them) signs a paper saying that he/she knows the interactions, dangers, etc of methadone and benzos, then you will have no problem being able to take both while at the clinic. Their phone number is 570-822-5145. The only catch is that they only accept medical assistance or cash. No other insurance is accepted. There is another methadone clinic in wilkes-barre run by Choices that doesn't allow benzos so don't call them on accident! There is usually a waiting list but it goes quick and medical assistance reimburses you for gas mileage or pays for your county's transportation program to give you a ride.
Hope this is the info you needed! GOOD LUCK!! :D
jezebella007

Unread postby Guest » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:51 pm

check yourself into Valley Forge Medical Center and Hospital. They have a great program, and everyone there is AMAZING. They will help you get off the benzos and start you on methadone maintenance. It will not be easy, but it will save your life. There is no better place or group of people to help you turn your life around. I just left there on the 28th, and I am proudly clean and sober. I will keep you in my prayers.

Unread postby Aldoned » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:00 pm

i plan to taper off of both the methadone and the benzos rather quickly.
Aldoned

Unread postby luck1 » Mon May 16, 2016 12:10 am

Soar is a possibility.
luck1

Return to Drug Addiction