Feeling alone

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Feeling alone

Unread postby Mel » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:15 pm

I need help. I don't want to live like this anymore. I'm embarrassed and overwhelmed by my alcohol addiction. This is my first post. I'm trying to figure out how to chat live. :(
Mel

Re: Feeling alone

Unread postby brotherzpike » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:04 pm

Mel, I am no professional in terms of the medical aspect but I am very experienced as a recovering addict with five years and one month clean and sober and more unsuccessful attempts than I can remember. I know this though, I can relate to the loneliness you are feeling and I know now why I felt it and perhaps you can relate. You have taken the first important step in reaching out for help which means you know that alcohol is not helping your problems and more than likely increasing them. For myself all the feelings in my heart I could not properly express such as the love for family and friends because my using caused my actions to never match my intentions so I was always misunderstood and in the long run very lonely as all I loved I lost and I leaned heavier on that which was theccause. Alcohol detox can he deadly,,you must seek professional help with that and while detoxing take the time to think of what means the most to you then figure out how to get and keep it. For myself it is family friends and loved ones,,,you must find something more important than what you got from using,,,good luck

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:04 pm.
brotherzpike

Return to New to Recovery?