Help me help him

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Help me help him

Unread postby Boomer » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:30 pm

How do I help my boyfriend? He binges and tries to push me away, he doesn't want me dealing with this. When he is drunk he will always try to break up with me because he says, "You don't deserve this". He admits he needs help but he is not seeking it. I know I can't make him, I have to wait until he is ready. What do I do in the meantime? I am just trying to stay supportive and keep him safe. I don;t want to leave him, I believe at some point he will be ok. What do I do while I wait? I don;t want to nag too much, I don't want to ignore it either. Please give me some advice.
Boomer

Re: Help me help him

Unread postby emack » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:13 am

things like this are never easy as you have seen.maybe the wake up call he needs is you leaving him.there are support groups out there that will help you with this type of relationship if that is what you want but that is not helping him.until
he admits that he is powerless over alcohol and needs help this will not change.
emack

Unread postby lifeskillssf » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:10 am

He's likely battling a condition such as depression or anxiety and uses the alcohol to cope. He needs to seek treatment and learn how to combat those conditions without the use of alcohol. He still loves you - he's just ashamed of the condition he's in which is very common with individuals abusing drugs and alcohol. If you spent time apart from him with no contact, this could help nudge him into treatment. But he's right, you don't deserve someone that is going to put you through this dysfunction.
lifeskillssf

Unread postby opiaterehab » Wed May 24, 2017 11:24 pm

If you or someone you love is suffering from an addiction to opiates, the treatment and support that you need can be found at opiate rehab. Opiate rehab centers provide patients with a safe, secure and monitored environment that ensures their safety and security throughout the addiction treatment and rehabilitation process. Here at Opiate Rehab, we have developed a comprehensive resource guide that can assist you in making the best decisions regarding opiate addiction treatment and you can also learn about opiate addiction, opiate withdrawal and opiate overdose. It’s all available in one, easy to use, always available guide here at Opiate Rehab.com.
opiaterehab

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion