Scared To Ask For Help

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Scared To Ask For Help

Unread postby Guest » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:35 am

Hi everyone, my name is Kera. I am 21, I have a 2 almost 3 year old daughter. My drug addiction started in November 2014. My daughter hasnt gotten to know who I am because of it. I was always scared to ask for help because of what happened. I would have hit 2 years clean on March 9th, 2017, unfortunately i messed that up for myself on December 16th, 2016. I went thru 17 months of rehab, I had just come home on September 1st, 1016 and just a few shorts months later I picked back up. I have been sober ever since that day, but I find it harder to want to stay sober. I am starting to go to meetings in hopes that it will help me to stay sober. I will attend meetings as much as I possibly can, I just hope this works for me. I really want live a clean and sober life, not only that I want to be comfortable with my life as a recovering addict and not be ashamed anymore.

Re: Scared To Ask For Help

Unread postby Barbra » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:00 pm

Asking for help is called surrender. That means you don't have the answers anymore. It can be scary to give up the illusion of control.
Barbra

Unread postby Aquariusme » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:16 pm

I'm new here and I'm also scared to ask for help..... I hate being told No..... sometimes you just gotta ask anyways knowing that you can't do everything alone.
Aquariusme

Unread postby Mikekellie1982 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:40 pm

Don't be scared because I was for 10 years but I just got so tired of going to prison I have been to prison 5 times and I just couldn't go back so I asked for help and now I am happy and living a normal life so if you are tired of no one wanting to mess with you all you got to do is simply ask for help and trust me you will be so happy and you will love the new you trust me please don't be scared to ask for help...

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:40 pm.
Mikekellie1982

Return to New to Recovery?