Struggling

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Struggling

Unread postby amy » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:00 pm

I have been clean for over 5 and 1/2 years and had a horrible craving earlier, still kind of there, but not as bad. :cry:
amy

Re: Struggling

Unread postby Guest » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:22 pm

My suggestion is to get to an AA meeting, if you already are a member of AA and have a sponsor or a support network of friends,then call someone before picking up a drink. Your sponsor is there to help you stay sober. Don't be ashamed of the craving you are having, that's a normal experience and you are talking about it here. Just don't act out on it. Get the support of the fellowship....
Don't isolate yourself. Hope that helps even tho I'm a few weeks late responding.

Unread postby april bobbert » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:17 pm

Today is day one of trying to clean myself up AGAIN. It has been such a rough day but Im managing. Trying to get familiar with some of these sights. Having a hard time with it but getting there. Sure hoping I can keep this going... I really need to be sober again. Once and for all. Thanks to whoever is out there listening.
april bobbert

Unread postby DrSheilaHereNow » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:17 pm

Hello Struggling:

You posted on August 27. I hope your resolve is still strong. I recently spoke to someone who attends AA on a daily basis. I asked her why she was so devoted to AA. This was her response, " When I went into AA, they said go to meetings and don't drink. So, that is what I did. Then they said, "Work the 1st 3 steps." And she said that is what I did. And, then I received the miracle. God removed my desire to drink." It is her position that you cannot do it without God intervention. Just passing it along.

Also, remember that relapse / picking up does not just happen! It is a series of small steps. For example: you stop attending meetings/seeking out your support group; you go visit a place where you did most of your using; you call some friends from your using days; You might want to finish this to see what happened that you picked up. I would be interested to know what small steps you took to pick up.

Sheila
DrSheilaHereNow

Unread postby greatoaks » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:03 pm

Have you noticed a particular time when these cravings hit? What activities could you engage in to make these cravings disappear?
greatoaks

Unread postby machelle » Mon May 08, 2017 4:40 pm

hi everyone
machelle

Unread postby DrSheilaHereNow » Wed May 10, 2017 5:28 pm

Hi: Is there a message that I can't see?
DrSheilaHereNow

Unread postby Elbern_96 » Fri May 12, 2017 6:10 am

great i also love to joinit
Elbern_96

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion