ANY ANSWERS WILL HELP

This forum is for family and friends of alcoholics

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

ANY ANSWERS WILL HELP

Unread postby tkenton » Wed May 30, 2007 9:08 am

My brother in law is in rehab in PA. I am 1200 miles away and trying to figure out what I can do to help. I am new to this whole rehabilitation thing. He has been an alcoholic for ten years. and recently we just found out he is in there as well for cocaine. I am a mess i am not sure where to start. My brother in law has no job now and no insurance. Do i need to get a hold of Medicaid? I cant contact him because they say that he has to contact me but is there any way i can leave a message at the rehab he is at. I just want him to know that i am here for him. He has a learning disability as well so it is probably confusing to him the necessary steps. I would appreciate any answers or if someone could walk me through this whole thing. My mother in law is also having some difficulties at this moment so i think it would be best if my husband and i handle things.

thank you,
~worried in texas
tkenton

Unread postby Guest » Wed May 30, 2007 9:22 am

Hi TKenton, please take a look at my answer to your other message. Try to get some info from Livengrin. I mention them because they have a bunch of nice people working there who may be willing to share some info with you.
If it doesn't work out, let us know, and we'll find something else.

Return to Family and Friends - Alcoholism