Non alcoholic attend a meeting?

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Non alcoholic attend a meeting?

Unread postby Guest » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:18 pm

Can I go to a meeting even though I am not an alcoholic? I get much solace from the teachings of AA. Would it be an intrusion to attend?

Unread postby Guest » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:31 am

hey man. you're free to do whatever, but if you're not an alcoholic and not affected by a family member who's addicted, then you can find similar teachings somewhere else. If you go to AA, you'll hear crazy stuff and you may be tempted to judge or even to talk because you don't understand. This is a protected area for addicts. If you're not an addict, try another place.

Definetly Feel Free to Attend Open Meetings

Unread postby jststartin » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:47 pm

Feel free to attend meetings that are labeled open. The majority of meetings are. Checkout Southeastern PA Intergroup Association website to get a list of meetings. My only advice is to listen more than you speak. Persons attending these meetings are alcoholics or addicts and AA ans NA work for them because there are similarily minded people there. I would observ the meetings and catch up with people after th metings. There is a saying in AA fornewcomers afflicted with addiction. Take the cotton out of your ears and put it in you mouth. Feel free to attend if you are willing to do that early on.
jststartin

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion