Sober For a week

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Sober For a week

Unread postby sobersouthphilly » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am

Today makes it one week exactly. it has been difficult because of work i am in bars 6-7 days a week.i have been strong so far and if anyone has any tips about being around it and not drinking that would be awesome.
sobersouthphilly

Unread postby iowena » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:35 pm

congradulations! One day at a time there. A little tough love here from the forum, i was told more than once if I hang around a barbershop long enough I am gonna get a haircut. Take it for what it is worth to you at this point. Just don't drink no matter what. Be blessed.
iowena

Unread postby Guest » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:06 am

kudos to you!!! working in a bar is not making it easier, but you know how it works: when you want a drink, whether you work in an office or in a bar will make no difference, you'll get that drink.

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion