new to recovery

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

new to recovery

Unread postby magick676 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:31 am

ok here goes... i have a problem with drinking.. a big one.. ive finally come to realize that i need to do something about this problem.. last night was the last straw.. i woke up this morning to be told by my parents that last night during dinner i ran out of the house and across the street to the park ... later to be accompanied by the fire department, the police, and the ambulance.. they wanted to take me but my mother refused treatment.. thank goddess....

im a repeat black out drinker, in fact one time before xmas last year i did get so drunk that i woke up the next day in the hospital with ten stitches in my wrist and not remembering one bit of it :( thankfully this time wasnt that extreme.. its time i made a promise to myself to take better care of myself...

i need friends who are also recovering.. i need a sponsor and most importantly i need to make a meeting... im in lower bucks county .. so i guess this is me reaching out.. thanks for listening
magick676

Unread postby Guest » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:48 am

Hey Magick676,

Going to AA meetings will definitely be a big help. There you'll find what you're looking for (people who are recovering, a sponsor, a support network). If you can, go to several meetings a day. Staying strong is key, and any type of support is a good answer to staying sober.

Check the home page, under Meetings, and you should find a lot of AA meetings in lower Bucks county. If you need more info or have questions, feel free to post on this board. Be safe.

Re: new to recovery

Unread postby ricky9402 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:18 pm

hi...magick676
HOPE I AM DOING THIS RIGHT, I AM NEW TO RECOVERY, AND I READ YOUR POSTING DIDN'T EVEN LOOK AT THE DATE
OR KNOW IF I DOING THIS RIGHT ...I DONT HAVE BLACK OUTS BUT I DRINK TO GET AWAY FROM REALITY AND MY LIFE , BUT :oops: , IT DOESN'T WORK...I NEED HELP TOO
ricky9402

Unread postby wicked » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:42 pm

The insanity of it all. I had 12 years clean. Then I picked up and started drinking for all the wrong reasons. But at the time, I told myself I had it under control. So now 3 rehabs later, no job, and sufferingf from depression, being almost homeless. I have surrended. I am new to recovery because this time, I am willing to do it the right way. I hate meetings, but I drag my butt until my head follows. I'm just trying to get another day clean, because I can't get 30 days clean unless I'm in rehab. I'm sick. I have used every excuse for my drinking. Now, I'[m all out of excuses and resources so its time to give it up.
wicked

Unread postby Guest » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:24 am

Hi Ricky, realizing that you need help is half the battle. There are several ways of getting help, but if I were you, I would go to AA meetings every day, and I would check with my physician to try to get medication to help. Read books about alcoholism, search the web, get info. I think when you understand what's going on, it's a little easier to get better. Keep in touch!

Unread postby remramstein@aol.com » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:33 pm

This is all new to me and I thought I could control my drinking but I have a lot of stress at work and
broke up with the man I wanted to marry and spend a happy life with. I have been very depressed
between the two issues. I finally realized the other night drinking more and more is going to ruin
my life and a possible future with someone else. My looks are going from the drinking.
Can anyone recommend a place in the Exton area (I know there are many) that I might try?
Thank you if you respond and I am grateful I am not alone in this.
remramstein@aol.com

Unread postby Guest » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:21 am

hey remramstein, a place that I like may not be a place that you like... what I mean is, try several places, and see which one fits you the best. you're so lucky to understand that drinking more and more is not gonna make things easier. for so many it takes the ruining of everything before the wake up call. keep in touch.

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion