35 days clean but my emotions are going crazy

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

35 days clean but my emotions are going crazy

Unread postby ricky9402 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:47 pm

LOOKING FOR HELP DEALING WITH THE EMOTIONS OF MY CLEAN TIME. SEEMS THOUGHT OF THING THAT I FORGOT ABOUT ARE ALL COMING TO THE SURFACE, AND I THINK EVERONE SHOULD UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M GOING THRU...HELP ME
ricky9402

Re: 35 days clean but my emotions are going crazy

Unread postby Guest » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:32 am

Ricky, do you go to AA meetings? We all went through what you're experiencing, and the best place to talk about it and being 100% understood is at AA meetings. Or can you get some type of private counseling? You are not alone.

Unread postby ricky9402 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:20 pm

THANK YOU .......I AM GOING BACK TO ATTENDING MEETINGS THIS FRIDAY, DO U THINK I SHOULD GET A SPONSOR. I FIND BY READING UP ABOUT THE STEP PROGRAM THAT IT WOULD BE GOOD OVERALL FOR ANYONE....LOOKING FOR ADVISE :wink:
ricky9402

Unread postby Guest » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:37 am

Talk to the person who's leading the meeting when you go today. And keep going to meetings. It's so important to listen to others, to share, and vent if you have to. The support you get during those meetings is priceless. Getting a sponsor is good too.

Unread postby Kenny » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:36 am

Hi there 35 days, I feel you man. sobriety is really a fantastic thing, yes you are going a bit nuts right now, but may i ask, do you feel despair?
Kenny

Unread postby guest » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:04 am

Hang in there!!Don't forget that your feelings have been numbed while you were using. You're supposed to be feeling lots of feelings now. Just make sure you share them with other alcoholics and addicts. They'll understand. It gets better.

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion