3.25 shaky days sober...again!

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

3.25 shaky days sober...again!

Unread postby mndolynn » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:15 am

I'm 50 years old & haven't gone for more than 6 months without drinking - & that was possible only because I was pregnant with twins - since I started on a regular basis at 18. I can't seem to respect or care enough about myself to stop. When I was responsible for those babies there was no question in my mind that I couldn't drink. How do I like & take care of such an unlikable person as myself enough to stop killing myself drinking??? The only reason I've gone this particular group of 3.25 days is because I have pnuemonia & am scared for my life, which is keeping me in bed & somehow is giving me hope that I can actually try to stop - again. Been to AA meetings over the years. Had one sponsor who didn't seem to like me - no surprise there. Any advice would be appreciated. No insurance or extra money for treatment, unfortunately.
Thanks!
Hopeful.
mndolynn

Unread postby Guest » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:24 am

hey mndolynn, did you try to go back to aa meetings? there are tons pretty much everywhere, and maybe it would be worth to find one that you like. when it comes to sponsors, if yours was stupid enough not to like you, try another one. the support you get through aa and a good sponsor is so helpful that it would be a shame not to take advantage of it.

i thought every township was offering free treatments for people without insurance. it would be worth calling your township and see what they have to offer.

good luck and stay in touch.

Re: 3.25 shaky days sober...again!

Unread postby hopeful995 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:51 pm

Sweetheart, I want you to go to www.womenforsobriety.org. There you will find many beautiful and compassionate women who will understand what you are going through. You are a good person with a lifethreatening disease. You are not the person that alcohol makes us become. I wish I could give you a big hug because you are worth it and deserve a good life. Love Kelly
hopeful995

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion