Any links to NA oriented forums, issues, etc?

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Any links to NA oriented forums, issues, etc?

Unread postby powerless333 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:24 am

I have admitted to myself that I am powerless over my drinking and drug abuse. My primary trigger that opens the door back towards the darkness, isolation, and the insanity of dying the slow death of an unmanageable lifestyle is my drug usage. I understand that I can fall into alcoholic experiences whenever I drink; however, I rarely say to myself “I need a drink” and act on it.

I can appreciate that the AA community needs to focus on drinking, which is why I am asking if anyone who is, or isn’t dealing with both dependencies knows of any NA oriented links, forums, blogs, etc dealing with drug abuse? Thank you.
powerless333

Re: Any links to NA oriented forums, issues, etc?

Unread postby Guest » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:55 am

Did you check on na.org? You'll find some info. Do you go to NA meetings?

Unread postby powerless333 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:39 am

Yes, since my posting I have attended and have begun asking others, and will continue to do so unless your other suggestion does the trick. Next stop is NA.org. Thank you for the suggestion.
powerless333

Unread postby mjm074 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:20 pm

I have just got 8 days clean once again after having several complications from gastric bypass surgery I had over 2 years ago. I did not listen to my doctor and kept smoking this caused me to get bleeding ulcers and needed to be put on pain medicine and like a good addict I thought I could handle it. I can not use any type of narcotic on my own with out falling back into my active addiction which is Herion and crack cocain. I have been around aa and na for over 20 years and did manage to get 10 years clean.
I really need help with the steps and working the program.

Michael
mjm074

Unread postby powerless333 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:37 pm

Michael, www.naworks.org is a website that has links that are more likely to put you in contact with those best able to help you handle your life one day at a time. 215-NAWORKS is listed as the helpline number. You and all suffering addicts remain in my prayers as I know others pray for me. At some point we may find ourselves with only our sick heads and the guidance that we seek from our higher power. God bless. from one other indiviual who is powerless but is beginning to learn that my only hope is through "us" at meetings and with a sponser.
powerless333

Return to Drug Addiction