Remember when you 1rst started?

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Remember when you 1rst started?

Unread postby John » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:54 pm

Hello,

Remember the first time you needed help? You just wish that somebody would help. You had no where else to go. Every day at Sobriety Online we get requests for help. Sometimes it is overwhelming and now we need help. If Sobriety Online has helped you, or if you can find it in your heart, can you please take a moment to look at the message board http://www.sobrietyonline.org/forum and respond to somebody that may be reaching out. You do not need to register, you just need to hit reply and type in your response. It will just take a minute or two but it will mean a lot to the person you are repsonding to.

Part of recovery is service, please help.

John b.
Admin - Sobriety Online
John

Re: Remember when you 1rst started?

Unread postby Guest » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:47 pm

I agree. Sometimes we get so caught up in helping ourselves that we forget about other people who may be reaching out.

It shouldn't only matter during the holiday season.

Unread postby Guest » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:47 pm

Guest wrote:I agree. Sometimes we get so caught up in helping ourselves that we forget about other people who may be reaching out.

It shouldn't only matter during the holiday season.

:P :P :mrgreen: [color=#40FFFF][/color]

Unread postby Wolf Song » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:37 pm

At my first few meetings i didn't hear everything that was said, but i heard a clear message of hope. i couldn't remember everyone's name, but i felt the happiness that another addict stumbled into the room looking for a new way to live. And at every meeting i have gone to since, i continue to grow in the love and acceptance i found in that first meeting.
Wolf Song

Return to New to Recovery?