New to this and Looking for Support

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

New to this and Looking for Support

Unread postby Seinfeld » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:40 pm

I am realizing I have a drinking problem and I have been unsuccessful doing this on my own! I feel SO ALONE, Depressed and Scared! I donot know what or where to turn! I a woman in her thirties and my profession and hobbies all surround health and fitness! I live in Phili area anyone know of support groups or any ideas for me? Thank You and Peace
Seinfeld

Re: New to this and Looking for Support

Unread postby John » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:28 pm

Seinfeld,

I encourage you to look up a meeting near you on this web site. I have found the meetings to be a very good start. At least you will not feel as alone. There will be other people that you can talk to and ask questions.

AA meetings will get you pointed in the right direction. Then you can decide the direction you want to take.

Just go. There are no fees, just show up and listen. You can sit at the back of the room if you want. They have all been first timers at some point. They understand.

John
John

Unread postby trev » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:47 pm

i just read your post i live in phila there are lots of great meetings ive been sorber now for 7 months if you want to go to a meeting just say so and i will post my number for you to call me we can go together till you find your way
trev

Unread postby frank » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:13 am

hello maybe you can help me it for my brother he wants help and I said I would take him to a metting but I think he need more tham me to support him i live in levittown and he is from new york and is in levittown no his wife told him to go get help or doint come home so he is now her doint no for how long he will stay but I want to try to get him help .but no I cant do it a lone .so if you can help please.
frank

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion