Intervention?

This forum is for family and friends of alcoholics

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Intervention?

Unread postby J » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:55 am

Hi,
I'm new to the board. A family member confided in me that their spouse is drinking heavily......anyway, I gave the person the name of a D&A therapist in Phila are. Unfortunately the therapist does not take insurance payments and the family member is in No position to pay out of pocket. IMHO there probably is a need help the family member in getting therapy for themselves and help with setting up an intervention,but I am unsure where to find information about places that can help with this. Any palces/therapists you might recommend who accept health insurance in the Montgomery Co, or Chester Co Area?
J

Re: Intervention?

Unread postby Guest » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:07 pm

Hi J,

A lot of rehab and treatment centers take insurance. There are a list of centers on this site which also include telephone numbers and websites. Several major treatment centers are Eagleville, Livengrin and Univ of Penn.

Re: Intervention?

Unread postby Guest » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:08 am

Perhaps they could check with their family doctor for a list of rehab therapists in their area. When my husband needed help, our physician gave him the names of several that accepted our insurance & also offered to make the 1st appointment so that my husband wouldn't back out. It was the best thing that ever could have happened to us.

Return to Family and Friends - Alcoholism