New to Recovery....

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

New to Recovery....

Unread postby gregory619 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:45 pm

Hey, i am new to the recovery process, i am currently undergoing treatment at the NET - northeast treatment center in philly...
i go to meetings on a daily basis other than my groups at the net...but i am having trouble sharing at them.... any advice, i really need it....
gregory619

Re: New to Recovery....

Unread postby Guest » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:57 am

Hey man, when you feel comfortable sharing, you will. No rush. It takes a while to get used to this whole new recovery experience, and when you're ready to share, you'll find the words. Until then, do what you have to do to stay sober. And it sounds like you're on the right track. Sharing will come whenever you feel the time is right for you.

Unread postby Guest » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:33 am

Don't worry about sharing right now. Just keep attending. It will all come to you in time.

Unread postby steveissober » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:58 pm

Hey Gregory, take it easy on yourself. A real simple way is to simply introduce yourself to people, tell them you are new to recovery. You do not need to have any words of wisdom to share at a meeting. Take time and focus on what is being shared and listen for similarities
steveissober

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion