Looking for a sponsor

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Looking for a sponsor

Unread postby 1m0ret1me » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:55 pm

I am looking for a female sponsor in the quakertown area. I am returning to the rooms, trying to get it right again. "Is anybody outthere?" I am going to the Lansdale meeting tonight.
1m0ret1me

Re: Looking for a sponsor

Unread postby John » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:06 am

1m0ret1me wrote:I am looking for a female sponsor in the quakertown area. I am returning to the rooms, trying to get it right again. "Is anybody outthere?" I am going to the Lansdale meeting tonight.

Hi 1m0ret1me,

I'm kind of disappointed no one has replied yet. It usually takes people a day or two to respond. Your best bet is to go to meetings and listen to people talk and try to find someone who you think is a good role model.

Originally I found it difficult to find a sponsor. I think it's because they are in demand and sometimes they are busy in their own recovery. Try going up to somebody after the meeting and asking them if they could temporarily sponsor you until you get some time under your belt.

John
John

Return to New to Recovery?