I Feel So Lost

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

I Feel So Lost

Unread postby carriem » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:30 pm

I recently moved here to live with a family member because my drinking has gotten to a dangerous place.
I can't afford rehab, my kids aren't speaking to me, I am broke and without a career.
Can I do this? I am so scared. I'm in the North Wales area. Are there any members around me who can direct me to the best meetings or healthy things to do around here?
carriem

Re: I Feel So Lost

Unread postby Guest » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:17 pm

The fact that you moved in with a family member because you realized your drinking has become dangerous answers the question you had of "can I do this". Yes you can. You have become aware of the problem, and have already taken the first step in overcoming it. Don't think too far ahead. Money, your kids, and other issues you are having will take time. You have begun your jouney to sobriety. Take a moment to be happy and proud of yourself. I have been sober for 13 months, I am still dealing with problems left over from my years of alcohol abuse. The important thing is I'm alive to have the problems.

Unread postby Guest » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:08 am

Thank you for that response. I get so frustrated because I go on binges and I don't see them coming.Yesterday i tried (sober) to check into rehab and my insurance wouldn't cover it. I think I need an intense out patient.
I know drinking is a full blown way to avoid life. I just want to STOP and live and be happy an productive.

Unread postby Spidermom215 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Get to an A.A. meeting! If you don't know where they are, call information and ask for the SEPIA A.A. information hotline. There are meetings everywhere, held all day and night. I never went to rehab or detox, probably could have used it, but made it without it. I went to a meeting, told people i was new and didn't know what to do. They helped me, gave me numbers, literature and made me promise to come back that night. I shook and was scared to death but I listened to them. I went back that same night, the next day, the day after that and so on. It was scary at times but i only had to tell on myself or ask for help and i've never been steered wrong. A.A. saved my life and gave me life. My only true obstical has been myself, my alcohol soaked ego which I must keep in check at all times, as that is how my disease tries to creep back in. So I go to my meetings and that is where I learn to live sober, One Day at a Tme. 8)
Spidermom215

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion