Finally Free

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Finally Free

Unread postby guest » Sun May 18, 2008 8:58 am

Against my counslers wishes 21 days ago I detoxed off of methodone. Everyone said I was committing suicide but it was what I had to do. I went through a rough time but everyday is getting better. I see and smell things so differently now. At this point I feel like I am going to make it. I have been coming to this sight for the past week and it's been really helpful. I need all the support I can get. Right now I feel like crap so the urge to use is not as strong, I can barley get out of bed. What I am afraid of is when I am feeling better, I do not want to self distruct. I have come so far and I can not go through that detox again.

Re: Finally Free

Unread postby Guest » Mon May 19, 2008 7:20 am

DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!!!I speak for myself, but I'm sure everyone on this board is behind you. Keep us posted

Unread postby JoJo851 » Sat May 24, 2008 9:45 am

Your doing great, kee it up. Can I ask how long were you on Methadone? I have been on it for 27 years and have come down on my dosage but I have a job and I can't just leave for 21 days. Also, for me I don't think it would work, too may years. Be glad you did this now and didn't wait 27 years, Methadone is great for getting people off heronine, but patients should be detoxed once their lives are back on track. I'm 56 years old, do they really Think I am going to use H again? I wouldn't know where to start, nor would I want too. I have a grea life, a good job making 6 figures and a great support system in
AA. KEEP IT UP! YOU CAN DO IT! PRAY ALOT AND GO TO MEETINGS.
JoJo851

Unread postby Guest » Sun May 25, 2008 10:26 am

finally free,
I detoxed off meth on april 26, 2008. I was on such a small dose there have been no real discomfort but what has helped me the most is prayer, going to meetings and talking about it with my network, and sponsor. stay strong, you have taken a giant step I applaud you.

Unread postby paddle » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:24 am

Good for you! I believe my time is now. It's going on fifteen years of alcohol and drug abuse with about three years of no drug use and no stoping the alcohol other than a month here or there. I attended about thiry AA meetings cout ordered and didn't see myself as one of them. Well I can now admit to myself after this last bender that I am an addict and an alcoholic. I want to be set free and I learned the first step is admitting to yourself of what you are
paddle

Return to Drug Addiction