New to the site

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

New to the site

Unread postby kelster522 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:39 am

I am new to this site. I have been sober for 364 days. I have been reading alot of the post. Please don't give up. Go to as many AA meetings as you can, and please find a sponser you can't do it on your own. Take one day at a time. God bless you all.
kelster522

Re: New to the site

Unread postby Guest » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:42 am

Thanks Kelster522. And kudos to you!!! Looking back, what do you think was(is) the most difficult part of staying sober? Did you change your lifestyle? I'm just trying to understand why it works for some and not for others...

Unread postby kelster522 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:58 am

It works because, my husband and children mean more to me than a beer. It hasn't been easy. I am just taking one day at a time and reaching out to my higher power and sponser daily. I have now been sober 379 days. The best part about all of this since i stopped drinking, is i can afford to get a car and we can finally take a family vacation, which we have never done. I just think it depends on how badly people want to stay sober. The chance for relapse is always there. You just have to tell your self every day that you can not and will not drink, and pray. I hope this helps answer your question. GBU.
kelster522

Unread postby Guest » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:07 am

It does answer my question. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Unread postby raymond123 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:45 am

hello i'm new
raymond123

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion