I picked up...

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

I picked up...

Unread postby HadEnough » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:49 pm

How come I can never go more than a day without picking up a drink? I'm tired of always breaking down and picking up. Why am I so weak. My life for the most part is ok... there is no reason for me to pick up, but I continue the cycle
HadEnough

Unread postby John » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:24 am

I wish I had the answer for you HadEnough. The good think is that you are aware of your problem. I believe as long as you keep trying eventually it will pay off.

Next time you feel like drinking you should call someone. AA meetings are a great place to find people who are going through what you are now.
John

Unread postby Serenity » Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:28 pm

If I knew that answer I would be a millionaire![:)] Unfortunately it's different for all of us. I fight that battle very day. I couldn't do it without the help of AA and the meetings. I definitely recommend going to meetings and finding a kindred soul.

There is a meeting locator on this site if you are in the area, or if outside the area check out AA's site. If it is more urgent than that I would recommend one of the local treatment centers.

But at the very least keep reaching out.
Serenity

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion