Drugs are Destroying my Life

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Drugs are Destroying my Life

Unread postby sadlittlegirl » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:25 pm

Hello to whoever reads this,
About 5 months ago, my life was fairy tale perfect. I had been proposed to by my highschool sweetheart who I'd been dating for 5 years, we had just bought a new home, and I had just finished my Pharmacy Technician program and got a good job at a nearby pharmacy. About a month later, I became increasingly stressed and depressed over going back to school full time, working full time, wedding planning, making sure bills were payed, and getting through pneumonia. At this point, I couldn't handle it all and started taking hydrocodone to help me get through the day. It seemed like no matter how hard life got these pills could get me through it and make everything better. After that I started taking them more and more till my tolerance was so high that I was taking around 150-200 mg or 15-20 of the strongest hydrocodone a day. At one point I was so sedated that I fractured a bone while out on a jet ski and didn't even feel it till later that night when I was asleep and the drugs had worn off. Finally one night I had a drug overdose and the next day I quit my job at the pharmacy leaving me with no more hydrocodone. I thought this was it and I could move on with my life without drugs, but I was wrong. Then I just started abuseing the adderall that I'm prescribed to. I went through a 3 month supply in 3 weeks. When that was gone I resorted to cocaine and the whole time I've been decieving my fiancee and everyone else that I love. Now I've fell into this deep depression and do nothing but just sleep and cry all day. My fiancee wants to help me but he just can't handle seeing me like this and has started drinking heavily from the moment he wakes up til the moment he passes out at night. Now I feel like I'm not only destroying myself but I'm bringing down the person I love the most as well. I know we both need help now but I don;t know where to go or how much it cost's. We both have insurance but it's through our parents plan's and we don't want them finding out about this, it would tear them apart. If anyone who has read this has any good advise or suggestions, please help us.
sadlittlegirl

Re: Drugs are Destroying my Life

Unread postby Guest » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:12 am

You should make an appointment with your physician, explain the whole situation, and together come up with a plan. DO IT ASAP. I totally understand you guys not wanting your parents to find out, but this is your life you're talking about, and as a parent, I would want to know what's going on, I would want to help my kid, I would want my kid to get better. I'm sure your parents would feel the same. So SEE YOUR PHYSICIAN RIGHT AWAY, and get better.
God bless you

Unread postby MandyCane » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:12 pm

Hello Sad,
I agree with the guest who wrote above. I think that you and your husband should make an apt with your family Dr and go from there. That is their job and they can point you in the right direction. I know that you do not want your family to find out, but do you have a sister or brother that you can confide in and talk to? Also, you can always go to an NA or AA meeting with your fiancee. I'm sure if you both support each other it will make things much easier. If your fiancee is in denial then maybe ask him to go to a meeting with you to support you and hopefully he will realize that he has a problem as well. I wish you the best of luck. -Mandy
MandyCane

Unread postby nevetsk » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:33 pm

I hope you find real soon that going to your parents or doctor is really your only hope. Most insurance companes have an EAP or employee assistance plan which is very confidential. The god side is you have reconized a problem and want help. Its never too late. Openess and honesty with your loved ones is hard to start is refershing in the end. Good luck

Steve
nevetsk

Return to New to Recovery?