Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Unread postby secane1021 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:14 pm

Hey,
My name is John. Im new to this forum, I recently got out of rehab and my wife had stumbled across this website today and reccomended I join. I guess a few detail about myself would be a good start. Im a grateful recovering heroin addict. I have a wonderful wife who is more than supportive, she keeps me sane most of the time. I have 2 sons, brandon is almost 4 and preston is 1 month.Im 25 years old. I work as a maintenance mechanic for a few apartment complexes in my area. It seems addiction is a family tradition for myself, i assume this is the case for alot of us. So theres my intro, anyone else feel like chatting hit me up...im going to try to get my wife to sign up also, she is going through this addiction just as much as I am.

John
secane1021

Re: New member

Unread postby Guest » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:24 am

Congratulations!!!!!!!! Do you have a plan to stay clean? Please share and keep us updated. If your wife has questions, there are tons of people here who will be willing to answer each and every one of them.

Unread postby secane1021 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:43 pm

Thanks,
Ive actually put alot of thought into how Im staying clean, My last resort is a suboxone maintanence program, but i really dont want to do that if i can manage without it. My hardest moments are in the mornings before work. When i used to push off, and in the evenings after dinner. My biggest motivator of staying clean is looking into my newborn sons eyes. I can remember the morning he was born, when he finally opened his eyes, his pupils were so large, and I knew mine were pinned from the heroin, It made me feel so bad, that if i continued on the track i was on that i would be a horrible father. Thinking back on that helps me a great deal.

What was your drug of choice? What triggers are the hardest for you and how do you get through it?

John
secane1021

Unread postby Guest » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:36 am

Hi John,

You're lucky to have such a motivator! You'll be around for his first steps, you'll show him how to play catch, you'll be a father to him. Staying clean is all good.

I'm married to an alcoholic, and I'll be one of the people on this board answering your wife's questions if she has any! :D

My drug of choice was nicotine. I quit. Now I'm a workaholic. It may make you smile, but it's a great way to lose yourself and forget about everything. The only difference: It's accepted by society so I don't have to hide and/or be ashamed of my actions. But...

Keep coming back and share if you want.

Return to Drug Addiction