Need info on Sponsors

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Need info on Sponsors

Unread postby at wits end » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:36 pm

My husband has been using cocaine and alcohol for 30 years. He was recently admitted to a rehab facility and then released after he was detoxed(3 days). They told him he did not have to have his family involved in his therapy if he didn't want to but I was still allowed to visit and call. When he checked out he called his girlfriend that he does drugs with and vanished. She is now claiming to be his sponsor and saying that he was told NOT to speak to his wife. My poor husband does not seem to realize that she is twisting all the rules of the program to fit her needs. As long as she keeps him away from his wife and family and people who actually have his best interest at heart I am worried to death. He will lose his job if he doesn't contact them soon and as his wife I have normal household stuff to discuss but she won't let him speak to me. What do I do? How do I get him a REAL sponsor?
at wits end

Re: Need info on Sponsors

Unread postby msmaize1 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:22 pm

YOU CAN'T GET HIM A SPONSOR. BUT YOU CAN GO TO AL ANON TO GET YOUR LIFE BACK.YOU NEED TO PUT THE FOCUS ON YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.YOUR HUSBAND,WILL HEAR IF HE GOES TO A.A. THAT A WOMEN SHOULD NOT BE HIS SPONSOR, AND NEVER A GIRLFRIEND! I CAN TELL YOU TO PUT HIM IN YOUR PRAYERS, IF YOU HAVE A HIGHER POWER. TRY AL ANON IT REALLY DOES HELP.PEOPLE WHO ARE MARRIED OR LIVING WITH A ALCOHOLIC. AL NON WILL HELP YOU FIGURE OUT AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH. MAY YOU FIND PEACE! I KNOW BECAUSE IT HAPPENED TO ME.AND I GOTTEN THROUGH IT. THANK YOU GOD!
msmaize1

Return to Drug Addiction