Totally screwed up!!!

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Totally screwed up!!!

Unread postby Guest » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:03 am

I was doing so well. Tomorrow WOULD HAVE BEEN two weeks sober. I had people over yesterday for the super bowl and of course alcohol was swimming around the house. I thought well maybe just a couple...yeah right. One, two, three, on and on and on until, well you know the rest. What's next? Do I just start over? What do I do when I have poeple over? Do I tell them they cannot have a beer, because I can't handle myself or do I have to do be strong and not drink? My friends are totally cool if I don't drink when they do but it is so hard not to drink!!!!

Re: Totally screwed up!!!

Unread postby djkwhoa » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:46 pm

You have to change your friends and attend meetings. I'm not saying to just turn on them, but you need to spend some time seeking out people in you position(trying to stay sober) and invest in them and the program....
djkwhoa

Unread postby MIKE1977 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:14 am

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOUR GOING THROUGH, IM STUCK IN THAT SAME SITUATION, I HAVE A BAD DRINKING PROBLEM TO THE POINT EVERYTIME I DRINK I ALWAYS END UP DOING MAD COKE AND I KEEP TRYING TO STOP BUT IT SEEMS THAT EVERYWHERE I GO IT HAS TO BE SOMETHING TO DO WITH DRINKING AT THE BARS OR SOMEONES HOUSE. AND THEN I TRY TO STAY HOME AND NOT GO OUT AND IT GETS SO DAMM LONELY. CONSIDERING I SIT STUCK HOME ALL WEEK WITH NO CAR BECAUSE I LOST MY JOB AND THEY REPOED IT. SO BY THE TIME THE WEEKEND COMES. I CANT WAIT TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE. AND I ALWAYS SAY IM JUST GONNA HAVE 1 OR 2, BUT BY THE END OF THE NIGHT IM A MESS, AND I REALLY CANT STAND IT ANYMORE, BUT ITS ALL I KNOW BECAUSE IM 30 AND IVE BEEN DOING THIS SINCE IM FOURTEEN. AND FOR ME TO STOP GOING OUT AND STOP DRINKING I WOULD REALLY HAVE TO GIVE UP EVERY FRIEND I HAVE AND WHEN U LIVE IN A RESORT TOWN AND THERES 20 BARS AND CLUBS ON UR ROAD. AND NOTHING ELSE. IT SUCKS. i KEEP SAYING I GOTTA GET OUT OF HERE TO SAVE MY LIFE,BUT BEING ON UNEMPLOYEMENT AND LOSING MY CAR, I KEEP GETTING THROWN BACK AND MAKES ME MORE DEPRESSED. SO I FEEL YOU. AND I WISH YOU THE BEST
MIKE1977

Unread postby young_simon » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:43 pm

part of getting sober involves change.....i couldnt stay sober for more than a few months at a time until i became willing to change my friends.....it was the hardest thing i ever did in my life,but now i have over 5 years sober.....i havent talked to any of my old friends during this time and now all of my friends are sober people from the program....as far as the superbowl goes,thats another thing you should think twice about........ things like that were always an excuse for me to drink,new years,fat tuesday,st pattys day,wednesday,thursday,friday,etc.....after getting sober i treated these days like any other,i dont really celebrate holidays and events like i used to.....get to some meetings,get a little bit of sober time and give the clean life a chance, you will probably be so relieved to be sober that you will stop caring about the old drinking holidays and hopefully stop caring about drinking in general........good luck
young_simon

Unread postby Been there » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:39 am

How bad do you really want to be sober? Your real friends ( if you tell them you are getting sober) would never drink around you, they would not tolerate alcohol aound you. If they do not support you to stay sober, then you need to grow up and get real friends. You will find them in AA. You may be lonely at first, small price to pay to stay sober.You will develop real friends in a new and happy sober life.

Its time to grow up and feel some real emotions.

Just start over , One day at a time

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:39 am.
Been there

Return to New to Recovery?