Just moved from Pittsburgh

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Just moved from Pittsburgh

Unread postby Christie1983 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:11 am

Hell everyone!

My name is Christie. I'm 26 years old and just moved to northeast Philidelphia from Pittsburgh. Everthing is so brand new to me here and I don't know anyone yet. I'm an alcoholic with only a few days of sobriety. I was involved in AA in Pittsburgh and was sober for a year and then relapsed. I'm looking for some good open speaker meetings and to make new friends. If someone could help me out it would be appreciated.

Thanks so much!
Christie :D
Christie1983

Re: Just moved from Pittsburgh

Unread postby seinfeld7 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:59 pm

Hey there my name is Ruth I am 37 yrs old Philadelphia woman and love our city! I am also new to this yet looking for support!!!! And To offer support! I know we have some great meetings around!!!!! Please be in touch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
seinfeld7

Unread postby lilmom583@aol.com » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:58 pm

I am new to this too. moved hee last july from Florida,thats when everything got out of control from depression, and out of my control. Which, ultimately made things orse, of course!! I'm going to my first mtg tomorrow. I would love to meet some sober people....why is this disease so friging hard to conquer?????
lilmom583@aol.com

Unread postby abclimo » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:56 am

Lilmom: Find some meetings and keep going and sharing at the meetings. Develop a network of contacts to call before you use again. You can do this, just keep a positive attitude and take it a day at a time, and if that's too tough, take it an hour or 15 minutes at a time. Keep posting here, it definitely helps. It's like an online meeting, where you can share and not be self conscious of people looking at you, etc. It's definitely great to get some of the feedback from people who are where you are or where you have been. You can do this, you are worth it!
abclimo

Return to New to Recovery?