Scared

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Scared

Unread postby Reject » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:43 am

im 60 days clean and i feel like throwing it all away i want to get high but im trying to resist the urge ive gotten this far but i feel all alone. My family doesnt unstand what im going through and i have no friends left they were all drug addicts and drunks. im really scared that i might get high
Reject

Re: Scared

Unread postby dcreal22 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:35 am

I am in the same boat. My family never understood, but at one point they did at least try (i.e. for a very short time). I was clean 8 months and threw it all away, slipping into the same habits again. I'm now sober again and have been angry at myself ever since I got back on the wagon. Believe me you need to keep telling yourself that tomorrow will be a better day. Go for a walk, try out a new hobby, or better yet go to a meeting and try to meet the people that feel the same way. They will help you to stay clean, even if you are apprehensive about meeting people you think will influence you in the wrong direction, you should at least give them a chance. I have cut myself off from all of my friends for over a year, to keep from falling back into a habit, which happens immediately after I use. Meeting people who do not use, have never used, or who were addicts will help you to feel safe. Trying to form new clean relationships will keep you from constantly wanting to use. You can do it, don't give up or give in, remember all the things that you can and have gained from sobriety and stay strong.
dcreal22

Re: Scared

Unread postby mandi » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:21 pm

be strong. i know it is hard. i have been clean for a year, i had to get clean i became pregnant. but everyday of my life is still a struggle. everyday at least once a day i think about getting high. i hate feeling like that i hate having the feeling of going out and getting high, i hate thinking about that first hit and how good it was. but i fight and struggle everyday of my life and i dont know how to think about other things to take my mind off it or to get it out of my head. but some how i am doing it, cause its been a year. but it still drives me crazy. addiction is a sickness mentally. im just glad im not the only one struggling. i know im not and if you need any one to talk to you can talk to me any time. cause i go through it everyday just like you. you are not alone.

just stay strong!!

this is what i think about when i think about doing it just one more time,

one time will be next friday which turns into the following saturday and the following sunday until its everyday and you have a habbit again and your hating your self and telling your self everyday is your last day when its not. i mad myself get clean for my child i had a couple mistakes while i was pregnant and i felt like a total ass but you have to be strong and have will power.
mandi

Return to Drug Addiction