new to the forum

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

new to the forum

Unread postby greeneye » Thu May 07, 2009 1:39 pm

i am new to this forum and wanted to say hi to everyone. I have been clean and sober for almost 9 years and due to a loss of temper i went and did the alcahol thing a few days ago. alcahol was never my substance of choice but i still consider it a relapse. my anger and the lack to control that anger caused this. any input would be great
greeneye

Re: new to the forum

Unread postby greeneye150 » Wed May 13, 2009 7:33 pm

real active forum, not even a hello, thanks a lot for all the input
greeneye150

Unread postby Guest » Thu May 14, 2009 6:53 am

greeneye150 wrote:real active forum, not even a hello, thanks a lot for all the input

Hi greeneye,

I feel bad that you relapsed, especially after nine years.

As far as no one responding to your message, Have YOU replied to any other messages on the forum? It just seems like people always want someone to respond to them yet they won't spend 5 minutes responding to someone else.

Maybe the me first attitude is part of the problem of addiction. What about the sevice part of recovery?

Just saying...

Unread postby Guest » Wed May 20, 2009 6:09 pm

Back to basics Greeneye. It was most deifinitely a relapse. Forget the postings, and hit a meeting everyday, bu tore than that work the Twelve Steps in order to find a Higher Power who will help you. Starting over is not the end of the world, but screwing around with alcohol might be. Good luck to you. Jim P

fighting back

Unread postby patty k » Fri May 22, 2009 7:08 am

greeneye wrote:i am new to this forum and wanted to say hi to everyone. I have been clean and sober for almost 9 years and due to a loss of temper i went and did the alcahol thing a few days ago. alcahol was never my substance of choice but i still consider it a relapse. my anger and the lack to control that anger caused this. any input would be great

thank you for your post im dealing with the same issues in my life clean for 2 yrs and seems i have days i fight with my deamons on a minute by second fight needed to know i'm not alone and on my way to a meeting at noon!!!!!!!! meeting makers do make it....patty k
patty k

Unread postby jessiedbuch73 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:57 pm

Hi everyone,
Im new to this!! I have finally admitted to myself and family that I am an addict. It was the hardest thing I ever did. Im addictted pain killers, methadone to be exact. I have no idea what im in for, but I know I can't live my life like this any more. I will be starting NA meetings next week, and my nervous, scared and excited all at the same time. Well just wanted to tell part of my story.
jessiedbuch73

Return to Drug Addiction