Problem

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Problem

Unread postby fallinfuture » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:45 pm

im 18 ive been drinking since i was thirteen. And its never been as bad as it is these days. I come from a wealthy family have always had things handed to me, ive been to some of the nicest rehab places but nothing works. When i was younger i was everythign my parents wanted me to be but the pressure got to me in high school. I had the perfect life for a while i came home whenever i wanted i smoked and drank in my room i got good grades but when my senior year came things got bad i started partying too hard trying harder drugs just to stay wake to finish papers then one day i just gave up i had my ticket to college everything and i lost it all to go to a party. I was kicked out and moved in with a friend i eventually got back home but only to find out i was not graduatingand would have to come back. So this year was the begining of my second senior year and at first livign at home everything was the way it used to be i was getting good grades secretly partyign . then i met a boy i thought i loved he was a drug dealer but charming and i got pregnant i refused an abortion and got kicke out again i was pregnant for 3 months and stayed sober throughout the entire thing only to have a misscarriage. after the miscarriage everything fell apart i started drinkign again and cant stop. Im scared for my future come june i have no where to live i have no money nothign my parents disinherited me. i have no money for college and im barely goign to graduate. i need help i have nothing. My mom keeps sayign the army for me to join the army but i cant do that. i need help and i dont know what to do anymore
fallinfuture

Re: Problem

Unread postby Guest » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:32 pm

Wow sounds like you have hit your bottom.............. that is what it takes for anyone of us to ask for help and be willing to do whatever it takes to climb out of the hole we were in. There is no easy, soft way. You need to go to meetings everyday. Find a temporary sponsor of the same sex as you and ask for help to work the 12 steps.

Work the program, share honestly and get active in service. You will see a big change in your life circumstances.

Don't quit before the miracle!

Re: Problem

Unread postby harmony1 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:14 pm

Prayer,prayer and more prayer!!! Be patient, things can only get better if you do the next right thing. Fight the cravings, when you want yo drink exercise. Go to a meeting or church,or a coffee shop. caffeine works, and its not so bad for you. concentrate on living a clean healthy life. Alcohol is poison. You may feel that you are so low, but you are young I am old and have hit a new low every time I drink again. Things can get worse, or they can get better. Pray and stay sober and help will come. Pray for me too because I am also an alcoholic,drug addict learning to live sober. Peace

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:14 pm.
harmony1

Return to New to Recovery?