Cocaine Addicted Husband

This forum is for family and friends of people who are addicted to drugs
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Cocaine Addicted Husband

Unread postby hurtingyw » Fri May 29, 2009 3:39 pm

I need help. I'm so torn as to what help to find my husband. We're a young couple, with a young daughter, and my husband is addicted to cocaine. We moved from NY to PA to get away from his drug dealing and use. It worked for the first 3/4 months but now he's at it again. What hurts the most is that our daughter is only 1 and I would never want her to have a horrible image of her father, like I do with my father.

He came to me yesterday and he told me that he used again, which I had already knew because I'm psycho and investigative, and I know all his signs.... no appettite, just wants to zone in front of the t.v, sweating like its 104 degrees outside, constantly blowing his nose, drinking green tea... I know him better than I know myself. He's 27 and has so much to look forward too lately, a new car, new job, no despair.... but only the despair in his heart. His parents we're drug abusers, but that was years ago, they've done a whole 180. He grew up around...

He needs help, We need help... we have no money. no insurance, what can I do? I love him too much and know his full potential, but I can't make his decisions for him. I can only pray that when he leaves this house, he makes the right decisions.
hurtingyw

Re: Cocaine Addicted Husband

Unread postby Confused Wife » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:25 am

I feel your pain because I am in a very similar position. I have been married for 2 years but I have been with my husband for 5 years. He has admitted that he is a Cocaine addict and he wants help. I don't know what to do. We have no health insurance and I am not sure where to begin. I am very glad that he wants to stop and I am trying to be supportive because I love him and I know what he is capable of but I can't babysit him 24 hours a day.

I get scared when he leaves the house because 2 hours will turn into 24 hours. I am going to do my best to find some help for him by calling CODAAP and going to NarAnon Meetings with him.
Confused Wife

Unread postby utp1966 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:59 pm

See if he is willing to attend a NA meeting, or CA (cocaine abuse) meetiing and mayby that will help. They are free and dont require any insurance to belong. It is all about one addict helping another. Good Luck......
utp1966

Unread postby JasonG » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:26 am

My wife andI just got out of sepeaterehabs a few months ago. She did not have insurance either. There is alot of government aid out there for rehab. Call a few rehabs in the area or outpatient ones and ask where to find the info. Alot of people in my rehab were covered for free from funding. Itsout there. Do some homework. NA meetings help alotto.Good luck and hang in there.
JasonG

Return to Family and Friends - Drug Addiction