Sobriety

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Sobriety

Unread postby Wayneo88@yahoo.com » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:24 pm

Ive had alot of support from this website, thanks to all who have responded and helped. My last drink was July 11th of this year. I have used the "cold turkey" approach. It started out very roughly, but as the days click off I feel better and more relaxed every day. The main problem that I am having is guilt. I've ruined alot of relationships since I started drinking, and I'm not quite sure how to start the rebulding process. I always assumed that since I was an alcoholic people just blamed my disease and not me personally. Well, since im recovering, I no longer have an excuse for my actions. When I drank, I just avoided family ad friends. How do I go back and apologize for the years of neglect and abuse that I put my family and friends through? Thanks again guys and gals, youve been a great help so far. - Wayne
Wayneo88@yahoo.com

Re: Sobriety

Unread postby Guest » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:28 pm

Hey Wayne, KUDOS to YOU!!!!!!!!!!! And give it time. Start the rebuilding process with yourself. Then you'll be in a better position to approach people you've hurt. Or you can go to them and be honest telling them you're not sure what to do at this point. No matter what you're on the right path and that's what is important.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:28 pm.

Return to New to Recovery?