Addiction!!!! I snort suboxe pills. Anybody in similar shoes

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Addiction!!!! I snort suboxe pills. Anybody in similar shoes

Unread postby subculture » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:56 pm

Hey Everybody.
I used to drink alot during my youth years often endangering myself and others. I started at age 11 and off I went. I did all sorts of drugs in my time including heroin. Years ago I noticed that doing pills saved me from all sorts of problems. I no longer had DUI's avoided fights and other unpleasant situations. Then I discovered suboxone pills and while I gave up the rest of the other drugs I still do that once in a while. I stopped going to the meetings. I am ashamed to go back because of my relapse. I am preventing myself from getting help. Although I do not get drunk and high everyday i am not getting better mentally at the same time. I keep justifying my actions..

I would like to get in touch with people and stop feeling alone. My family does not understand the addiction. I feel like a black sheep of the family. My ties with them are very superficial( not too deep). I need some online company.
subculture

Re: Addiction!!!! I snort suboxe pills. Anybody in similar shoes

Unread postby MCsquared » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:45 pm

My sister is a Heroin addict who has been on Suboxin for almost a year. She just recently relapsed. Here is what I can tell you from the family perspective.

1. Your family loves you
2. Your family wants to help you but probably doesn't know what else to do.
3. Start going back to meetings - they work if you work it.
4. Do you have a sponsor?
5. Don't be ashamed. Once you admit you have a problem you are one step closer to recovery- no matter what you did before. If you hide this you are holding yourself back from having a better life.
6. Where there is a will there is way - you can get better...you have to want it more than anything in the world...and you have to want it for yourself.

I don't know if this helped.But I want you and everyone to know that they aren't alone. You can beat this.
MCsquared

Unread postby dustybugger » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:33 pm

I'm addicted to suboxone but I don't snort them. I was under the impression that snorting suboxone would put you into automatic withdrawal. Are you snorting subutex? That doesn't have naloxone in it. Are you being prescribed subs or getting them off the street? I hate suboxone and hate myself on it. All it did was trade one problem for another. And I keep reading crap that says suboxone withdrawal is more drawn out then other opiates.
dustybugger

Unread postby subculture » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:12 pm

Hey what's up!!
No I am not prescribed suboxone. I buy them and here and there. I first snorted them like 3 years ago after heavy drinking the night before. I split half of 8 mg suboxone pill between me and two other people and let me tell you. This stuff hit us so hard that we were crawling on the floor and vomitting non-stop and forcing ourselves to breathe. That was my first kind of experience that way. Now I just do it that way because it tastes awful. It actually hits pretty nice. But I hear you about the feeling afterwards. It is cool for a while and then not so good. Nothing like being sober though... Good luck
subculture

To MCsquared

Unread postby subculture » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Thank you very much for your response. I know that sometimes our feelings r not reflected properly about our family and all. I know I should not feel the way I do but I do. I keep relapsing year after year and I can't get too much clean time these days it seems. I definately need to go back to the meetings and hear a positive message as the one from you. Again thanks for your time and I hope your sister is doing good also. Take care of.
subculture

Unread postby DKhead » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:19 pm

I have advice for you, here it is... Although there are countless ways to do this and I'm sure you can find one inperticular way that is comfortable for you, I'll suggest it bluntly, seek pyschological help as soon as possible
DKhead

Return to Drug Addiction