What do you do when the weight gets to heavy

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

What do you do when the weight gets to heavy

Unread postby joep54321 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:17 am

I am having a very bad day today. I got my second DUI about 3 weeks ago. I got laid off about 2 weeks ago. At which time I then started going to meetings about 2 weeks ago also. I bought a house with my fiance about 3 years ago and have everything invested in it financially. I am also up to my ass in debt. I am facing house arrest and probably a 1 yr license suspension. I have a 17 yr old daughter that lives with her mom that I need to provide some funds for college for the next 4 yrs. Now I find out that my fiance wants to split up, so we either sell or I have her buy me out. All this is just getting to be to much and I am starting to think about doing some stupid things. I was actually lying in bed last night thinking about what I was going to put in my final letter to everyone. I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown or worse !! Can someone help me??
joep54321

Re: What do you do when the weight gets to heavy

Unread postby Guest » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:11 am

When it gets too heavy, I pray.

Unread postby joep54321 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:31 am

Thanks,
I went to a meeting last night then went home and said a prayer. Feel better today ,not great but better.
joep54321

Unread postby Guest » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:52 am

YES! feeling just a little bit better is good. You're in the right direction... We're all there to support you.

Unread postby leslie.tillman@comcast.net » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:38 am

When things get to be too much for me, I just give in and let the horrible feeling wash over me.... I sometimes think it's easier to recover from the bad feelings after I've immersed myself in them for awhile. Trying to fight them constantly is difficult... and once you've spent some time feeling like crap, understand why you feel that way and making peace with that crap, you can then pull yourself up and out.
leslie.tillman@comcast.net

Unread postby Sunshine35 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:00 pm

You are not alone. I too just got a 2nd DUI about 2 weeks ago. I am the only one working to support my daughter and husband. I can barely pay my bills never mind now this extra burden. I pray alot, Get into a groupTherapy program. If your income is low you can get it free. AA is also a good choice...Keep going, you will find strength in yourself.
Sunshine35

Unread postby joep54321 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:01 am

Thanks, Leslie & Sunshine for your posts. I have been going to AA and it has been helping. This was the first weekend I didn't pick up a drink in the past 30 yrs. I am working on the deprssion end of it now and trying to stay positive. I will take both of your words of advice.
joep54321

Unread postby kymba » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:52 pm

joep54321 wrote:I am having a very bad day today. I got my second DUI about 3 weeks ago. I got laid off about 2 weeks ago. At which time I then started going to meetings about 2 weeks ago also. I bought a house with my fiance about 3 years ago and have everything invested in it financially. I am also up to my ass in debt. I am facing house arrest and probably a 1 yr license suspension. I have a 17 yr old daughter that lives with her mom that I need to provide some funds for college for the next 4 yrs. Now I find out that my fiance wants to split up, so we either sell or I have her buy me out. All this is just getting to be to much and I am starting to think about doing some stupid things. I was actually lying in bed last night thinking about what I was going to put in my final letter to everyone. I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown or worse !! Can someone help me??

Hi Joe, I have been in your situation. With two dui's you are going to loose your license longer than a year. I have had a "temporary insane" period in my life and I received 3 dui's (tipped off by my soon to be ex-husband then). I got a lawyer. My house was in foreclosure, my ex took my kids so he wouldn't have to pay me child support. I was abused and stalked. I picked myself up, "tried" to stop drinking but how can one do that in such a horrible situation? I will tell you how. You will most definately need to go to a rehabilitation center to clean yourself up and also to show the courts you are serious. I went for 30 days. After rehab, I searched for a job. Hey, I got one! I also served 48hours in the correctional facility as ordered. After all was said and done, with over 8 grand in fines, what did i do? I Drank! How dumb is that?? I am now sober for 2 years now. I always admitted I was an alcoholic, the problem is, no one could help me unless I wanted to help myself. I can blab on about AA..... its a great program if you need guidance. So Joe, step up to the plate. Get yourself into a rehab. if you can't get yourself into one, commit yourself into a local hospital (I went to Friends in Phila).. they will sober you up, you will meet people in your predicament and go from there. If you are serious. You much admit that YOU need help. Take care, my thoughts are with you. ~ kymba
kymba

Unread postby joep54321 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:38 am

Thanks Kymba,
I have not had a drink in 10 days. It feels good not to be in a fog but it also makes all the bad things seem so much closer to reality also. Even though I am sober I am still depressed and fill with panic about what s going to happen. Clean or not reality is reality.
joep54321

Unread postby sevenkill24 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:28 pm

give the weight to God to carry for you, that's what he is there for. It's a part of surrender.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:28 pm.
sevenkill24

Return to New to Recovery?