young people's meetings?

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

young people's meetings?

Unread postby cate » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:34 pm

Hey folks-
I'm new to Philly and looking for some cool meetings. I've been to some "young people's meetings," but I was the youngest person there by about 20 years (and I'm 28!) They were good meetings, but I'd love to find some meetings with more of the 20 and 30 something set. Any suggestions?
cate

Re: young people's meetings?

Unread postby dan123 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:42 am

hi my names Dan and im a recovering alcoholic and drug addict and i am only fifteen years old. I'm from malvern PA witch is only about a half hour from Philadelphia. I don't know if this will help you but i thought i would reply anyway. There is a club house in malvern with holds about 30 meetings a week and there has been a lot of young people coming around. My suggestion would be to try to make it out to the 7 o'clock meeting on Friday night its a young persons meeting with actual young people and a lot of guys and girls in there twenty's with some good long term sobriety. If your able to make it out you could talk to some guys there and i know of a lot of people that like to go to these underground meetings in Philly witch also have a lot of young people. i have never been to one mainly because im in early sobriety still and i think that being in the city would be a trigger cause i used to buy drugs down there a lot, but i heard they are some pretty good meetings. Also a little closer to you is spring field witch has the joy of living group Thursday nights with is also a good young persons meeting.
dan123

Unread postby michele605 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:41 am

My son is 21 years old and he is really having a hard time finding a meeting with people in his age group. He does attend meetings in southampton pa but has not been able to really connect with anyone around his age group. Does anyone know of any meetings in bucks county that would have people around his age group? It would really help if someone has any info.
michele605

Unread postby oldscaper » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:02 pm

The Doylestown meetings often have younger people
oldscaper

Unread postby Leo » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:28 am

I am in my mid twenties and am also looking for a group to join in philly (center city). I'm a first timer and have never done this kind of thing and would prefer to join a group within my age bracket. I'm not sure what to expect. If you find anything out let me know.
Thanks!
Leo

Unread postby Len » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:11 am

Hello,
I am also a person in their mid twenties also trying to find meetings in philly (center city). I am new to this and am unsure what to expect and would like to start off with people in my age bracket. If you guys find please let me know.
Len

Unread postby Paul S. » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:43 pm

Hope on Homestead (it is on Homestead Av.) in Jenkintown is an NA mtg. Starts @7PM. More than 50% of the addicts there are under 30. Comfy space along with nice recovery not in that order.
Peace
Pauly
Paul S.

Unread postby Guest » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:20 am

i know some good young people meetings in the south street area i havent been to them in awhile but i really need to go i am only 22 myself if any one has interest in going email me at hpyzyna1@gmail.com and i will figure out the times and we can go

Unread postby matt » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:33 pm

I am also in the Philly area, 24, and looking for my first AA meeting and hopefully to connect with some young people with common interests that can help me in recovery. Its tough when youve been drinking as long as you can remember and at this point I have no friends that do not drink regularly. Feel free to email me if anyone is in a similar situation or knows of AA meetings like this.

Matt
highpokcets@yahoo.com
matt

Unread postby azturnedphilly » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:57 pm

I'm also in my early 20s and would like to know what's out there. I've never been to a meeting, and I'd really like to find some people who are going through something similar to me. I've found that all I do for fun is drink and all my friends drink quite heavily (more than me, but I tend to be the one who takes it beyond her limit). I abuse alcohol and believe I can learn my limit, but I definitely need more positive people in my life.
azturnedphilly

Unread postby danger maus » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:19 pm

I go to meetings in Pottstown (Cherry St mainly) and there's a good mix of people of all ages. I recommend that, and there's a good speaker's meeting on Mondays in Quakertown which is also very diverse. I don't really know anything about Philly meetings though. I suggest just going to various meetings, "shop around" so to speak. Also, I noticed the later the meeting in the day the more chance of younger people being there.
danger maus

Unread postby Nick F » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:22 pm

I would recommend the following meetings for any young people in recovery in Philadelphia:

Center City Young Peoples AA: Wed at 7:30pm & Fri at 9pm (Located at St. Marks Church between 17th & 16th on Locust)

While there are oldtimers (in age and sobriety time) that attend, the average age is around 30, and many people are in their early twentys.
Nick F

Re: young people's meetings? Mainline area?

Unread postby adamo » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:17 pm

Hi i;m a 24y/o recovering alcoholic and drug addict. I was hoping to find a young persons meeting AA or Na around the mainline area. Any help would be great. you can email me at thanks
Adam
Last edited by adamo on Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adamo

Unread postby Steph » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:15 pm

I am also new to Philly and would love to find a meeting - never been and I need to go! Pls
email me at steffiem1@gmail.com if you know of anything in center city area. Thx!
Steph

Unread postby Phila local person » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:35 am

Chestnut Hill Quakers on Mermaid Lane Sat evenings. It's near the train station and about 2 blocks from Germantown Ave.
Phila local person

Next

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion