Keep on Trucking!!!!

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Keep on Trucking!!!!

Unread postby JOEYB » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:23 pm

My name is Joey and I got clean 42 DAYS AGO!!! For me its not hard to stay clean, and I don't have many cravings...other then the one for life. I was inpatient at VALLY FORDGE MEDICAL CENTER for 30 days and it changed my life. I attend meetings regularly and speak on most topics. I have yet to find a sponsor....but am looking. Its just not something I feel I should rush into!!! I have rushed into things my whole life and that clearly did not work!!! I am wondering if there is anyone elese out here that this is easy for? Anybody who feels as good as I do? :D If so please respond!!!!
JOEYB

Re: Keep on Trucking!!!!

Unread postby Guest » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:22 pm

Great for you. I have 21 days but find myself struggling. I am facing house arrest, splitting up and selling home with wife. homelessness,joblessness,and licenseless. even though my mind is clearer having a hard time with everything and constantly think about picking up. I do however call my sponser and he gets me through it. Just wondering since you are also new if you had any suggestions

Unread postby abclimo » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:58 am

Guest: Have you tried journalling your feelings when you feel like picking up? Sometimes its easier to see on paper what causes our cravings and urges to pick up. Also, lots of addicts will tell you that they used to help avoid the "real world" and to avoid feelings. I myself was self-medicating and now that I'm clean I can look back and see that I wasn't in control of anything, but definitely very out of control. Just take it one day at a time, or even an hour at a time. Continue your journey.
abclimo

Unread postby L1veL1fe89 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:53 pm

I found recently that keeping a list of reasons why i shouldnt start again really helps. it goes like this : Each sentance starts out like "I shouldnt do drugs because..."
and then i end the sentance in diferent ways like:" becasue i have a really good book i want to read "or "i have somewhere to be tomorrow" add i would know that if i gave to it then i wouldnt get to do any of the things that i really want to do.
Last night i was reading that really good book i was telling you about (The Dark Tower Series by Stephen King) and i came across a really good quote it goes:
"...there are a thousand excuses for getting high but no good reasons..."
L1veL1fe89
L1veL1fe89

Return to New to Recovery?