My World Is Falling Apart

This forum is for family and friends of people who are addicted to drugs
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

My World Is Falling Apart

Unread postby lost » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:15 pm

My name is DeAnna & i'm so lost in this wicked world of drugs that has now taken over my wife's life & destroying mine.
I watch her leave the house & have no idea of where she goes or when she is coming back, but I know when she does she will be high on pills & at this point it doesn even matter what she can get her hands on to take. There is not really a choice of what just how much will it take to get her where she thinks she needs to be.
She has taken our savings, pawned her jewerly, and has resorted to taking my fathers jewerly and done the same. I have been thru this now for the last 6 months done the rehab, been supportive, and I feel like it was for nothing. Between the nasty attitudes to the unprovoked fights all just an excuse to get high.
If I make her leave all I will do is wonder & stress if she is alive, when the phone rings I wince because it maybe the one call no one wants to get telling me they found her dead. It breaks my heart to know the one person I found to spend the rest of my life with can't stop, won't stop.
I need answers that she can't give.
I have never felt so alone in this battle. She has isolated herself from me and me from her family or people who I can talk my anger & pain & fears with.
I dont know where to turn or what to do next. I have taken all money away from her reach and taken her keys to her truck and the more I do the more it seems to male things worse. I dont want to lose her but I'm just not sure just how much more I can handle before I lose it all together.
If any one knows where i can get help now for myself please let me know, I live in New Jersey not far from Philly......
My thoughts & prayers go out to everyone of us going thru this, cause only God can get us thru this.
lost

Re: My World Is Falling Apart

Unread postby Guest » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:58 am

You are NOT alone in this battle. There are tens of thousands of us going through the same exact battle. Please go to alanon - today, now, asap. You will find support, understanding, and hope for yourself. Addicts battle their own demons. We, families of addicts, cannot do much except trying to keep our sanity to avoid the destruction of our own self. Alanon is one of greatest answers to our prayers.

Unread postby chris12 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:23 pm

hi my name is chris please beleive me when i say i know how you feel. i was one of the many alcoholics that took advatage of everyone every thing/ threats didnt work lost jobs didnt/homelessness/hospitals/near death/seizures/many many detoxs/ family lost. please i just want you to know that until i surrender to the FACT THAT I WAS POWERLESS OVER MY ADDICTION alcohol. i would not and could not get sober. i have been sober 2yrs.3mnths. now and its by the GRACE ofGOD.once that happened i had alot of work ahead but i wanted sobriety so bad that i worked the steps and found what they told me would happen a new freedom and a new happiness. please let your wife know that she has to surrender. then it takes work i pray for you and her too. let her know that she is IMPORTANT............ chris
chris12

Unread postby Guest » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:27 pm

Guest wrote:You are NOT alone in this battle. There are tens of thousands of us going through the same exact battle. Please go to alanon - today, now, asap. You will find support, understanding, and hope for yourself. Addicts battle their own demons. We, families of addicts, cannot do much except trying to keep our sanity to avoid the destruction of our own self. Alanon is one of greatest answers to our prayers.

Yes you will be OK there are those of us who have gone through this AND CAME OUT THE OTHER SIDE. dON'T GIVE UP 5 MINUTES BEFOREE THE MIRACLE

Return to Family and Friends - Drug Addiction