HOPING FOR A BETTER DAY

This forum is for family and friends of alcoholics

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

HOPING FOR A BETTER DAY

Unread postby BUNNY » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:09 am

MY HUSBAND WENT THROUGH A DETOX PROGRAM , SO NOW WE ARE GOING TO ATTEND SOME MEETINGS TO GET HIM THROUGH THIS. I AM VERY SCARED FOR HIM
BUNNY

Re: HOPING FOR A BETTER DAY

Unread postby Guest » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:25 am

Yeah this is scary, but not as scary as him using/drinking - Keep us posted on his progress.

Unread postby guest » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:50 am

continue to be supportive,take each day as it comes,now that he is sober chances are he will have feelings and emotions he's not used to dealing with.encourage him to search out a sponsor who is all about the steps,it is thru those steps we recover.meeting makers make meetings,those that work and live the steps find peace,happiness,love and understanding.

Unread postby gails » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:08 pm

My husband wanted to kill both of us until I called the police and crisis. He still isn't well and violated the PFA order. I'm scared sometimes and guilty that I've abandoned him, but don't know what to think!
gails

Unread postby sober35 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:56 pm

BUNNY wrote:MY HUSBAND WENT THROUGH A DETOX PROGRAM , SO NOW WE ARE GOING TO ATTEND SOME MEETINGS TO GET HIM THROUGH THIS. I AM VERY SCARED FOR HIM

SUPPORT HIM AND He should try and go to 90 meetings in 90 days. He will not like all meeting but tell him to take away what he can use. Staying sober is not easy but better than staying drunk.
sober35

Return to Family and Friends - Alcoholism