mother of two and addicted

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

mother of two and addicted

Unread postby mommyoftwo » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:29 pm

I am addicted to oxyconton, perks, vicodin, and zanex. I have a husband and two young boys. I never realized how bad it had gotten until i did itin front of my children. I feel like the worst mother in the world, i am dissapointed andashamed in myself so much i makes me want to end my life. I have gotten outa control and need to stop. As much as i try icant, my situations make it so hard and i am afraid to lose my kids and ruin my marraige. I have just started to stop but itseems as if i dont have the self control. Any suggestions on how to start?
mommyoftwo

Re: mother of two and addicted

Unread postby Guest » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:35 am

Hey mommyoftwo, realizing that you have a problem is the first step in the right direction. If I were you, I'd go see my physician and I would go to the nearest NA meeting. There's help out there and you are not alone. Start now, one step at a time. You can do it!!!!

Unread postby Sarah G » Sun May 02, 2010 2:20 pm

Hi Mother of two,
I want to start off by saying that you are not alone. I too am a mother and it wasn't until I was using in the house with my daughter that I realized this has got to stop. There are many options out there for you so don't give up! You must first and foremost want to live a sober, healthier life for you and then your family before you can begin the steps to becoming sober. This is a selfish disease so do it for you and then for your family. I tried for almost a year to stay sober before I truly made a conscious effort to live everyday without the use of mind altering substances. Just for today I have chosen to be sober. It does get better do like I said before do not give up on your sobriety and for sure not your life. Your children need their mother as I can already tell you need them. Easy does it, and take care of your self. :)
Sarah G

Unread postby Guest » Mon May 17, 2010 4:19 pm

dont give up i two have the same problems ass u and everything is from a doctor which sometimes makes it worse i use it as an excuss and i get a whole lot more then i could but but i do buy soooo many pills and as you know their not even close to cheap but i have two days clean and im going to my first meeting as i pray for my own will power i will also prey for yours and i have three kids who havent seen me off pills in years before i come out of my room in the morning i take atleast two.

Unread postby jenny s » Tue May 18, 2010 4:15 pm

Trust me you are not alone. I have been addicted to pills for 6 years. I have lost my children and my family is tired of helping me. I have gone to jail and still haven't had to courage to stop. I have decided to attend a meeting tonight for the first time in a while. I wish you all the best and I will pray for us both.
jenny s

Return to Drug Addiction