I really just need to get my story off my chest to someone

This forum is for family and friends of alcoholics

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

I really just need to get my story off my chest to someone

Unread postby gm320 » Sun May 23, 2010 11:19 pm

I'm the youngest of 6 children, the oldest is 32 and im 16. Almost all of my siblings, were or are still addicted to something. The main reason why everyone is so screwed up is because growing up my parents were alcoholics. My dad had always been a drinker since he had his first kid. My mom started drinking after I was born. So my whole life the only parents I knew were drunk ones. At least the other 5 had there mom, I never had that. I remember some things that I don't ever want to think about again. When I turned about 14 my mother was taken by an ambulance to a hospital because of cutting herself and after that she whet into treatment. She came out and did really good for a month... then relapsed because my father was still drinking. They both kept drinking for 2 years, then stopped (im not actually sure why they did), and have been clean 5 years today. Even tho they did stop, me and my sisters/brothers got the shit end of the stick. Dean, the oldest has been a durg/meth addict since he moved out and got 2 women pregnant and can't support them. Beth was a heroin addict for 2 years but got clean, thank god. Ange had a baby at 19, uses codeine, and STILL lives with my parents at the age of 22. Danielle has panic attacks over stupid stuff. Walter (my best friend) was a pill poppin, pot head, drinker until he joined the army, but now he drinks every night. Then there is me, who has done everything in the book but never became completly addicted. Ive done drugs with all of my siblings who are addicts and thinks everyone is crazy. The one thing that bothers me, is that even after all of this has happened, "everything is fine". but no one is, we are all "fucked up, insecure, nerotic, and emotional". None of us know any sense of control and they have no sense of family. Im sick of it, I want out. I wish i could tell someone more of the story but its so long and i have no one to talk to.
gm320

Re: I really just need to get my story off my chest to someone

Unread postby Guest » Mon May 24, 2010 10:41 am

hey gm320, you're not alone - try to find an alateen meeting in your area (check the home page under Meetings). there you'll meet teenagers just like you with pretty much the same story. you'll be able to talk, to listen, to share, to build your own support network. also is there a counselor at your school that you could talk to? let us know how you're making out.

Unread postby mike32011111 » Tue May 25, 2010 7:44 pm

Hello im mike ive only been clean 5 days so i am not the best person to be giving advise but what i have come to learn is that you need to listen to everyone and take pieces of all of thier advise and combine it into a method that will work for you im only 20 years old i have a child on the way and i have been addicted to pills for 6 years on and off i do not know what triggers my use because alot of time its when things are going good and i have no problems that i am useing but stay strong i may not know you but reading your story i feel like i do we are all in the same situation weather its pills powder wet weeds or god knows what that your using jhust remeber you have to do this for yourself and no one elese
mike32011111

Unread postby gm320 » Sat May 29, 2010 11:45 pm

Guest wrote:hey gm320, you're not alone - try to find an alateen meeting in your area (check the home page under Meetings). there you'll meet teenagers just like you with pretty much the same story. you'll be able to talk, to listen, to share, to build your own support network. also is there a counselor at your school that you could talk to? let us know how you're making out.

i dont even go to school anymore, and its not like i have a car to go to alanon and i cant ask my parents to drive me since any type of counseling is a taboo in our house. its just a really weird situation.
gm320

Unread postby gm320 » Sat May 29, 2010 11:51 pm

mike32011111 wrote:Hello im mike ive only been clean 5 days so i am not the best person to be giving advise but what i have come to learn is that you need to listen to everyone and take pieces of all of thier advise and combine it into a method that will work for you im only 20 years old i have a child on the way and i have been addicted to pills for 6 years on and off i do not know what triggers my use because alot of time its when things are going good and i have no problems that i am useing but stay strong i may not know you but reading your story i feel like i do we are all in the same situation weather its pills powder wet weeds or god knows what that your using jhust remeber you have to do this for yourself and no one elese

i do listen to everyone and try to take in what they have been through and what they have done to change, but it so hard. I had moved into my sober sister's house for a while and she was trying to help me to be "normal" (or at least her definition of it) and i didnt take her advice completely she would freaked out and eventualy kicked me out. I just felt like i needed to come up with my own way to deal with it because im and individual and not her. Her way may have worked for her but its not going to for me. but thank you though, and thats really awesome you decided to try and become a recovered addict.
gm320

Return to Family and Friends - Alcoholism